In order to ensure you have the best experience possible during your interview, we have implemented a few tests to check your setup and give you feedback on what can be improved before you begin.
Some tests are required whereas others may be optional. You’ll be able to skip ahead if they are optional, but we still encourage you to run through them.
If you are experiencing long wait times while uploading your responses, try these tips:
- Ensure you have a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Plug into an ethernet cable so that you are directly connected to the network
You can also use a test like this http://www.speedtest.net to see what speed you have. We generally recommend having an upload speed of at least 1mpbs on web and 8 mbps on iOS or Android (because the file sizes are generally larger on mobile, you might be waiting longer than on web). If your upload speed is lower than 1mpbs, please be prepared to wait for 20-30 seconds until your file has successfully uploaded.
If you are still having bandwidth difficulties, try using a public Wi-Fi network nearby.
The minimum test you need to pass before doing any interview is ensuring that your sound actually works. If you cannot get past this step, check your sound input settings on your device to ensure your audio is being picked up.
Select your microphone:
This test may also be failing if the level of background noise is too high compared to the sound of your voice. If this is the case, try these tips:
- Move closer to the microphone so that your voice and words are being picked up
- Ensure you are in a quiet environment with little to no background noise
- Turn off or remove any sources of sound that can disrupt your interview (electronic devices such as smartphones, TV, music; any background conversations, traffic, etc)
If your interview requires a camera to record your responses, make sure you have a front-facing camera that works. If you do not have a front facing camera, you can connect an external camera to your device. Additionally, try to use a camera that has a resolution of 720 pixels so that your video is as clear as possible.